Your blackheads ruin your life and you don’t know what to do to get rid of them. Rather than ruining yourself in miraculous creams and cosmetic products of all kinds, try natural remedies instead! As effective (sometimes even more) than store-bought skincare, these grandmother’s tips are easy to do and require few ingredients. Quickly discover our selection of recipes to eliminate blackheads!
How do blackheads appear?
It would be wrong to believe that a natural blackhead removal mask is the preserve of adolescents and acne-prone skin. These small blackheads can appear at any age, despite good hygiene. Indeed, they are due to an overproduction of sebum which clogs the pores of the skin and thus creates a small plug, the end of which oxidizes on contact with air. This excess sebum can have several origins: hormonal imbalance, taking certain drugs, pollution, too aggressive washing products … Blackheads are mainly present on the T zone of the face (chin, nose, and forehead) but can also appear on other parts of the body such as the back or ears
The right things to do to eliminate blackheads
To fight against blackheads, it is essential to cleanse and moisturize your face every day. Forget about alcohol-based products, which are too aggressive: it is by wanting to protect them that the skin overproduces sebum. Prefer gentle cleansers based on rose water, for example. You can also carry out, once or twice a week, a more specific treatment such as a mask or a scrub in order to avoid the appearance of blackheads. You don’t need a lot of ingredients to do your skin good! The proof with this selection of anti-blackhead recipes spotted on the web. One last tip: before applying your mask, do not hesitate to take a steam bath to open the pores of the skin.
1. Purifying mask with vegetable charcoal
In the fight against the blackhead removal mask, charcoal is a very popular ally. It is used in many cosmetics to deeply cleanse the skin and thus cleanse it of all its impurities.
- 3 capsules or 1/2 teaspoon of activated charcoal
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera
- 1 teaspoon of water or hydrosol
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Apply to face using a flat (and clean) brush.
- Leave on for a few minutes then, once the mask is dry, rinse off with water.
2. Turmeric mask
If you have a pot of turmeric in your cupboard, take advantage of it! Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and anti-bacterial, this spice helps keep skin glowing and free of blemishes.
- Two tablespoons of turmeric
- A tablespoon of flour
- Two teaspoons of milk
- A teaspoon of sweet almond oil
Warning: the mask is staining! Remember to protect your clothes
- Mix all the ingredients until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous paste (not too liquid).
- Apply to a clean face then leave on for about 20 minutes, until the mask is dry.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water then moisturize your skin. Use once or twice a week.
3. Rhassoul mask
Rhassoul is a mineral clay that helps absorb impurities and excess sebum and thus fight against the appearance of blackheads. It is suitable for all skin types.
1 tablespoon of powdered rhassoul
1 tablespoon of black seed oil
1 tablespoon of jojoba vegetable oil
2-3 drops of true lavender essential oil
About 2 tablespoons of peppermint hydrosol
- Mix the rhassoul, the vegetable oils, and the essential oil of lavender, then add the hydrosol gradually until you obtain a smooth and homogeneous paste (but not too liquid).
- Apply to a clean face, and then leave on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.